Is my toddler normal?

My daughter is 14 months old and just SO much energy all the time, she is constantly doing something, running around, from one toy to the next, can't sit still with me for a moment, is this normal behavior or should I be concerned about ADD or ADHD?
Her cousin is one month behind her agewise and sits and plays quietly, sits and eats dinner without screeching and straining to get down after 5 minutes, will sit with someone contently. That said, she is a very fast learner, can drink from a straw sippy cup, use a baby fork, put the correct shapes in the toy shape sorter, running all over, a few words, I just don't know if this kind of high energy is normal for a toddler her age?
Maybe I am just comparing her too much to her cousin, I love my daughter dearly, I just wish she would calm down just a little bit... oh- and she does not get any extra sugars or processed foods, she does get apple juice but watered down..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• every child is different. what is normal for her may not be normal for the next.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 7:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Kids that are advanced tend to have very little attention spans. There's always something new to explore and learn!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• they have different personalities. its like comparing apples to oranges. mine is always constantly busy as well. she picks up things very quickly but does not seat still that long either. again vry hard to compare children
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:12 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• She sounds like my son (now 2.5). He hasn't slowed down any, sorry. I think it's normal for some kids. My only issue is that I have a hard time keeping weight on him, he's already small (preemie), and he runs off every calorie he consumes.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:16 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Sounds like a child to me. Not all are like that but some are. They are all different and have days that are different. I know if we do not get out enough. My kids really wild in the house.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like my dd she is almost 5 and has not stopped yet! LOL. i just think its personality differences mom! And having that type of "wild" personality can have its good points too!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Wait until they turn two. My daughter never stops moving! Bt I've learned to accept it as a part of who she is, and a part of her development for her age group. Enjoy it while it lasts.
    Anonymous

• Thanks everyone! I do love and enjoy her zest for life, it's just hard sometimes since I am alone "wrangling" her right now because DH is deployed, and going to dinner at the in laws, her grandparents gets hard when everyone says how sweet and patient her cousin is and how wild she is, it hurts me because I do love and enjoy her personality and how smart she is, but I dont get why they dont see it that way as well...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Jun. 15, 2010