Have you ever regreted getting your tubes tied?

I am thinking of getting my tubes tied after I have my daughter, this will be my first child (I only want one), but I am only 22 so I was wondering if anyone has gotten one done at a younger age and regreted it later on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i had my tubes tied after my 5th pregnancy 3rd child.
    I regret it about every 28 days or so when my cycle hits.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 7:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I had my tubes tied when I was 22 (3 years ago, after the birth of my 3rd child)... Do some research about PTLS (google it). If I had known then, what I know now, and could have prevented the life altering complications from this procedure, I would have.
    There are better methods, PTLS is very real, and is not worth it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:16 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• DONT DO IT!!!! I was 21 when I had my first and I thought I wouldn't want anymore either. I got an IUD and 8 years later, my dh and I changed our minds. Now we have 2 and a 3rd on the way. Consider Paraguard, its an IUD and you don't have to do anything but check that the string is still there after your period. Honestly, I checked about once every 6 months. Its good for up to 10 years. If you still don't want kids in 10 years, get your tubes tied then.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 7:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I think some Drs wont do it until you are 23 or have atleast 3 kids.... ( my DR and a friends DR both told us that and they were different drs, in different towns) ....... but I wouldnt do it, there are other not so permanent things you can do.....my aunt had her tubes tied after her third and now regrets it still - 10 years later...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 7:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I am 30 with 3 kids and I have consider it, but decided not too. I think I may want another baby in my late 30s so I decided to wait
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• A lot of doctors won't do it due to your age and only having one child. Good luck trying to find one who will
    Anonymous

• I regret not pushing the doctors and getting them done 2.5 years ago like I wanted too... I'm pregnant again and really regret that!
    Anonymous

• I did it at 21 and only regreted it once, for about 5 minutes, then I got over it. I am really happy.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:01 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• My husband's niece tried to get one done at 19 after her 2nd child was born but her doctor refused. He wouldn't do it unless she was 25 or already had 3 kids. 4 years later she had her 3rd child.

I'm getting one done next month...but I'm 33 and having my 5th child by c-section. It's getting a little risky for me to keep having kids and I get pregnant at the drop of a hat (this is actually my 6th pregnancy, I miscarried last year).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I tried to get it done at 23 after my first child, but no doctor would go near me. It's fine though. I had my second at 28 and THEN I had my tubes tied. I don't regret it at all, now. Maybe I would have at 23, y'know. However, in the 4 1/2 years I've had them tied, I am happy as a clam. IDK why clams are happy, but that's the saying.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2010