getting tubes tied during a c/section

Im going to have a c/s and my dh and I are talking about getting fixed. I'd like to hear from women who have had it done during a c/section. Was it worse than a regular c/s?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No. If anything it makes it easier to do while they are in there anyway. Yeah when they burn the ends closed smells like pork. MMMM pork. Really there's not all that much extra time added into the surgery itself. My insurance required pre-authorization before it could be done though so check with your insurance carrier before hand so there's enough time to get it all processed for payment. Your OB should be able to tell you whether or not the pre-authorization is required. But the surgery itself is really easy to do with a c-section.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:27 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• i had it done. you dont feel it. it didn't really make it any worse. but do be prepared for the smell... while they are "tying" them it kinda smells like burnt hair.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 7:21 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• It was really quick, added maybe an extra 10 mins to the total c/section time.
    I didnt notice a smell but I was being entertained by the "gas man" so that could be why LOL.

My period was a little different afterwards but not to the point that I was worried or anything, just a bit heavier(I have heavy ones anyway so it wasnt a big deal).

Nothing else, no major hormonal shifts or problems whatsoever. Had it done 2 yrs ago after my last child was born.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Now I will be thinking of bacon with my next c-section. I'm also getting my tubes tied since this is my 5th c-section.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:47 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Thanks to the OP for posting this. I wondered the same thing. I am not pregnant nor do i plan to be soon, but if i have another it will be a c sec and my tubes will be tied along with it so i was wondering the same thing :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 9:52 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I'm having the same thing - csection with a tubal on 7/9. My SIL had 3 csections and had her tubes tied during the 3rd - she said it was a lot more painful, but I've been thinking it's probably because she was more active after the csection chasing after her older two while taking care of the baby and herself!

Answer by missanc at 10:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Id agree with your SIL missanc.
    The procedure itself wasnt a big deal but I was more tender afterwards, when at home, simply because I had two others to tend to.
    But my healing time didnt change or anything because of it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:59 AM on Jun. 15, 2010