is the depo-vera shot a good form of birth control? i went for my 2-wk check up after my c-section and i chose the shot over the pill. i will get my first shot in 4 wks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Health

• I have been on the Depo shot for 5 1/2 years, I really liked being on it! I recently stopped getting it because we want to get pregnant. That was the only form a BC we used and never had any problems, I gained a little bit of weight when I first started it but that is true with any BC, I have not had a period at all since I first started getting the shot. I knew I would not be able to remember taking a pill everyday, and all I had to remember was getting the shot every 12 weeks. My insurance didnt cover it, and it was only about 40 dollars. I will most likey go back on the shot after we have a baby!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 8:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Not unless you wanna gain about 30 pounds.
    Anonymous

• yes i like it when i was on it !
    Anonymous

• Has to be better than the pill was for me. I was on the pill (the special one for breastfeeding) and I got pregnant when my little one was 5 months old!
    Anonymous