HaHa... I have to share this...

My Aunt just dropped by w/a friend. I'm not sure why she told her friend I am Pagan, but it's apparently come up. The girl says "So you're a witch? Can you do tricks?" OMG, it was all I could do not to laugh in her face. I simply said "No, I'm not a magician."

She honestly didn't know there were people who weren't Christian... Which I find sad, but it still kinda makes me laugh...

In order to make this a question...
What "funny" things have people said to you when they found out what your beliefs were??

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 7:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• OMG! That is sooooo funny!!!!

I had a mormon caller who tried to argue with me, stating that "You're going to see a fiery blaze for not believing in the almighty." at which point, I grabbed a cigarette, and asked for a light, since I couldn't find my 'Hell flame that I use to ignite my cancer sticks'. Believe it or not, I actually got a laugh out of him.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• HaHa... She wanted to know if I believe in God... So I said, "Yeah, Lots of them." She said "Oh, wow, I didn't know there could be more than one."

Then she announced she is "very interested" in the subject and thought witches were all just on TV. Now she wants to know if I can do "witches brews and spells" and where I go to church for something like this...

All I can say is I'm so glad my Aunt had somewhere to go!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:59 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• OMG I think I might have said "SO your a Christian... can you resurrect your self??" I mean WTF??

Anonymous

• I would have been all over the opportunity like white on rice!!!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• OMG Anon... Really? It always amazes me when people lack even the basic understanding of Christianity. I mean, I can understand that not everyone has been exposed to Paganism, but Christianity? People always amaze me!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:04 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Obby - I was just caught off guard and my Aunt is JW, so I didn't really know what to say... I didn't want to get in to all this with some strange teen I never met before... I was really thrown for a loop, and couldn't tell if she was for real "interested" or talking out her ass... I'm still not to sure, and really wasnt sure how to react - it was kinda out of the blue... She went from introducing her self, to telling me I was too young to have 3 kids (I'll be 27), to asking my opinion on BC, to asking me to do "tricks" all in like 10 mins... It was really weird!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I have had some people ask me if I can see their future and ask me to do spells for them. not really funny i guess :(
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 8:14 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• lolol, that is soo funny.

off the top of my head no, but if I think of something, I'll get back to you.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:15 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Anon did you know that coke coming back up through your nose is painful?  Thanks for that!  LOL.

To answer the OP's question......"Really?  You seem so nice"  always makes me chuckle.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Oh Beeky... I've always loved the "Really, you seem so normal" one! But that's funny too! lol

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:34 PM on Jun. 14, 2010