does it matter why he broke up with his ex's?

I asked my SO, we have been seeing each other a while why he broke up with his ex's he doesn't want to tell me, should i drop it or is it important to know the reasons. and why do you thing a guy wouldn't want to tell you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• If he doesn't want to be open and honest with you about any part of his life I would be worried.
    Anonymous

• Because it is probably his fault they broke up. He did something WRONG. I would be worried if I where you. Can you talk to the EX?

Answer by louise2 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• maybe he cheated or maybe she cheated and he is hurt in a way or maybe he will tell you in due time but drop it for now just let him know you will not bring it up anymore but you still deserve to know if you plan on marrying the guy. For all you know he probably killed his wife...lol just kidding I hope not... LolGL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• ABSOLUTELY, it matters!! You can learn A LOT about a person's temperament, maturity, resolve to his commitments, patterns and what would be considered "deal breakers" based on their dating history. Did he "fly of the handle" over something innocent? Is he jealous of other men looking at his girl? Is he controlling/manipulative? Did he cheat? Did he put his friends before his relationships? Did he put his family before his relationships?

Anyone that keeps secrets as to what happened with their exes is not someone I would be dating! Honesty and communication are the key to a healthy relationship! There is an old business world saying that goes: "Past performance is indicative of future performance!" I think you can apply that concept to personal relationships! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Sounds like he is hiding something.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 8:04 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Because it's the past, and it's an issue between him and them, and honestly it isn't any of your business. Would you want your ex's telling their GF's every reason why you broke up? How do you know if they are telling the truth about it, etc. Honestly somethings like ex's are best left in the past, and if he want's to discuss it, that's HIS decision.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:10 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• A person who has nothing to hide, hides nothing. That is a BIG red flag!!

-xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 8:12 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Okay, I asked my dh and he said, "He probably did something stupid and wrong in the past and doesn't want to let you know. He most likely has changed and wants to forget about that time in his life, but knowing how women are, if he tells you he knows that you'll be bound to bring it up and throw it in his face the next time you 2 argue." Men are so rude lol...but that's his man take on this.

Anonymous

• refuse to answer a personnel question like that from him next time and when he asks why you won't tell him, Say... Hey you didn't want to tell me about why you broke up with your ex's so why should I tell you anything about my past? Fair is fair right?

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

This one sounds the most likely.
    Anonymous