How do you treat your babies exema?

My son is 11 months old and has exema on his arms chest and cheeks. It seems that the OTC treatments and what the doctor prescribe kinda help.... the bumps are less, but they seem more red and like pimples. Has anyone had this problem? Please, only answer if you have experience with this. I've already Googled it!

Asked by drowninginboys at 8:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Believe it or not, neosporin works on exzema. JUst apply it like you would on a scrape, doesn't take much. It works I tell you. I used it on my cousin when he stayed with us for a week and it started clearing up but when he went back home his parents started back using the medicated what ever stuff that the Doc prescribed. NEOSPORIN works wonders.

Answer by Queentdi at 12:56 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Use prescription as soon as you see redness. In my experience, once my daughter scratched it would burn to put it on. I also would slop on the vaseline if it was bad. Sometimes, she would wake up and it would be burning so I put her in an oatmeal bath then and once a day, followed by the vaseline. She is older now and it is better. Hope that helps. poor baby!

Answer by manna1qd at 9:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• My sister called me today...her baby (2 years old) got eczema.... She was telling me what her Dr told her to do. My sis gives her baby a bath every day, so the Dr told her to only use soap every other day and to pat her dry. After they have her pat dry to rub olive oil on her skin. He also told her to give the baby an multi vitamin with Zinc

That may help you as well (of course check with your Dr first)

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Keep the baths lukewarm and only give him baths every few days so his skin doesn't dry out and get further irritated. Also, use non-scented, perfume free lotions. If you use fabric softner, use something for sensitive skin. Those things should help.

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Euceren calming great!

Answer by emturner at 9:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• My 11 month was diagnosed with eczema at 4 months. His pediatrician prescribed a steroid cream for it. The first application cleared it up immediately. Since then, we have only had to use it a few times (very sparingly) when he begins to get the rash on his neck and chest. We were also advised to not bathe him every day, as it dries out his skin. He also told us to use Cetaphil lotion to keep his skin moisturized. I use dryer sheets that are fragrance free and free of dyes.

Answer by pderwin at 10:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• we put gold bond on an area that he couldn't touch and it helped

Answer by Patience1 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• We used a prescrption from the ped. I think it was called Eladyil? It worked like a charm!!! Good news is ..most cases clear up by the time the child turns 2 years old. My son was one of the lucky ones...i hope yours is too.

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Noahs DR told us to get Aquaphor.. its in the pharmacy @ walmart and it worked immediatley!!

Answer by noahsmom08 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Not sure... But I know that you shouldn't bathe often if it's a problem. My kids have had dry skin (when they were babies) and although I bathed them every night, I only used shampoo every other day which helped.

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2008