BABY

Ok so i want another baby so bad but my husband does'nt he always tells me how much weight i have lost and he does'nt want me to gain it back. i have also bought all new clothes and he does not want me to grow out of them. how can i get him to start trying again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• you dont. he has to agree on it. you cant force him into having another child or it wont turn out well. maybe there is another reason he doesnt want another baby right now.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I'd first worry about him adjusting his attitude as far as you and your body is concerned. You can't force him to want something he doesn't want, but you can start fixing another issue, and that's him criticizing you. (regardless that he may think you look good now, he obviously had an issue with your weight in the past, and that's something you and him definitely need to work with).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:21 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I recommend putting the baby issue on hold for now and seeking couples counseling. You need to address the way he is treating you. For him to say he doesn't want another baby because he doesn't want you to gain weight is hurtful and would make ME feel like my DH didn't love me unconditionally.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 9:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I agree with xxhazel and Sonial... he has poor reasons for not wanting more children. I have to wonder if those are his actual thoughts or if its a cover or an excuse. Are you just a nice body or are you his wife?
    On a personal note, I wanted another child SOOOOOO bad for many years. Finally, after about 5 years, we saw eye to eye and started trying. The timing had to be right and it was really hard for me to accept.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:03 AM on Jun. 15, 2010