How to be happier in my relationship

I'm not happy. I don't know why. My hubby is a great guy who will do anything for me, but I'm still not happy. I'm always aggravated, annoyed and often sad. We don't have sex (except for the rare occassion where I feel bad for him). I give him and the children lots of attitude and I ignore them a lot. I don't know what's going on, but I would like it to change. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe you are overwhelmed and need a break! It is a lot of working being a wife and a mother! Try date night once a week for you and your husband, I swear it makes the marriage better! You have to learn to juggle everything, and make time for yourself, you and your husband, and the kids!

Every Friday night is date night for us, and every Sunday is family day! Just two days a week set aside from all the craziness of the week!
    Anonymous

• Have you been diagnosed with a disorder? It sounds like something familiar but I'm no doctor.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like depression. Depression doesn't just mean sad. It has all of the things you described as part too.
    Anonymous

• You need to try to change your way of thinking. Think positive thoughts.Start keeping a daily journal. Write down things that you love aboutu your husband and you children. Even if they are the smallest simplest things, like the way your husband looked in the sunshine today or the way one of your kids laughed. If its depression you have, then this will help you as well.
    Also, make yourself desire your husband and feel desirable.
    Once, I decided to try an experiment and it worked!! I wasn't getting along too well with my dh for about a month and I felt really bitchy and crabby and I really believe my attitude made him feel depressed to. I decided that no matter how the day went that when bedtime came, I was going to give him a blow job every night for 10 nights in a row,lol.After the 3rd night, he asked what was going on.I told him,my theory, I thought this would make us happier and we had a good laugh.He got his other 7 btw
    Anonymous

• i say talk to hubby about it. if you are depressed or overwhelmed he is supose to be the one person you can talk to about anything. take a night off and go on a date with your husband. that usually makes me feel better. and let your husband know how you feel so he does not take it personaly. he may feel he is the cause of you feeling this way, even if he is not.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• It kinda sounds to me like your starting to become depressed.. my mom was like that with the anger and frustration and stuff just like you and when she went to the doctor she later found out that it was because she was depressed.. you may wanna go to the doctor and tell them whats going on and see if thats your case.. until you see your doctor I would try takin a break and relaxing for a few hours doing something you enjoy...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on Jun. 15, 2010