I'm so afraid that he's not going to take it well :(

I have a pretty good chance of being pregnant and we aren't ready. It was stupid of us i know. Anyways...When I mention it he..gets annoyed I guess. And I feel like I can't even talk about it with him at all. I don't know for sure yet. I've only mentioned it a time or two but still. I am soo worried about how he's going to take the news IF I am pregnant. He's told me before that he will stay with me and provide for us and the baby. But I think he's going to be in shock if I am. AH so will I. How do I deal with this for the next week or so!? or the next 9 months :( I'm so scared.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• first you figure out if you are. then you get him alone and talk to him about it. or show him the test so no words are really required. and you take it from there. you cant make him be accepting. but you dont have to do anything you dont want to. if he is a jerk about it, i'd give him a day or 2 alone to think about things then come back and discuss plans.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:42 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• just guessing isn't going to help either of your nerves. I would wait until you are positive that you are and bring it up again. No he may not be happy at first, but normally after a small amount of time, they ease into it. IT's a big change for both of you, especially if this is your first and especially if you aren't prepared for this. So no, he may not be jumping up and down for joy. But if the guy is willing to be a man, and cares enough about you, he will stick with it. Don't be pushy, just talk about things with him. Be honest, and share your own concerns to help him open up as well. If you need someone to talk to about this after you find out, feel free to pm me.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:55 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Before the two of you started a sexual relationship, you should have discussed and agreed on how to handle an unplanned pregnancy (this is how mature adults behave).

Answer by rkoloms at 3:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2010