does anyone take niacin? does it help with weight loss?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• My mom took niacin and vitamin E for energy,cholesterol control and help with weight loss. Seemed to work for her. But you do need to eat healthy and excercise too,lol..go figure.
    I tried taking Niacin and I broke out in a horrible rash and had bad hives..ALL OVER MY BODY! I didnt' know what was going on, I went to the e.r. just to find out the Niacin caused it,lol. I guess a lot of people have that reaction so just be aware of that! lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Niacin is used to lower cholesterol. I don't think it is for weight loss.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• it does help w weight loss, with diet and exersize. you wont turn red or have a rash if you get the flush free kind
    Anonymous

• Actualy the rash is a mild reaction to niacin, for some who are sensitive to too much in their system it's more than just a rash you feel like you are cooking from the inside out. I honestly felt like I was burning alive and it took 4-5 hours in the ER being soaked in ice cold sheets for it to go away. I would never take a product with niacin in it, such as those 5 hour energy shots
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• most multi vitmains have niacin
    Anonymous