He won't let me mow the lawn.

My dh. He won't let me mow the lawn. I told him I get tired of being in the house all dang day doing housework that sometimes I would like to get outside and sit on the mower for 3 hours listening to my headphones and cut the lawn.
I even tried to run out there to beat him to the mower and the butthead saw me and beat me to it, hopped on and took off laughing! WTH.
I can't do it during the day, I got the baby to take care of and I can't put her on there with me, the mower rumbles so much she'd probably get shaken baby syndrome.
He does do inside housework too, don't get me wrong, this isn't about that.Its just the fact that he won't let me do it that is irritating,lol. The stinker. Anyone else have this type of problem? What can I do to fix him good? Maybe swipe a sparkplug out of the mower while he's gone? hehe

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I feel your pain. At our old house, we had two plus acres to mow. I loved getting on the lawn mower and escaping the chaos inside the house for a bit. We were always arguing over who would cut the grass. Where we live now, it's hot and humid and I have no desire to cut the grass. It's all him!
    KendraR

Answer by KendraR at 10:21 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• mine wont let me..i think he is afraid i will fuc* it up
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:12 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Mine won't let me mow the grass either, for which I'm eternally grateful! That's HIS thing and I'm more than happy to let him have it!

Answer by missanc at 10:15 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• personally i say thank him. he is trying in his own way to show that he is the MAN and wants to do the manly things around the house, so be grateful. he wants to protect you! mine on the other hand expects me to do 90% of the housework ( he will clean maybe 3 days a month!!) and take the trash out and would totally make me do the lawn if we had a mower, and expects me to fix any and everything without calling on him! even though i refuse lol he still would like it that way! but i tell him there are things a man is "assigned" to do in the house and thats montly outside stuff lol.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• well, you can always try gardening, or weed wacking while he mows. There are other outside jobs that I"m sure you could find to do.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I do lots of gardening,weed pulling and weed wacking..its just not the same as hopping on the mower and escaping,lol. Its the fun yard job. When you do all the other yard work, you still have the kids at your tail.
    Anonymous

• After working 4 12 hour days in a row, working in unknown territory (company merger has saddled him with more responsibilities), mine is only too thankful to come home and be able to enjoy being home- If he's here, he does it, if he's not I do it... along with any of the other lawn chores, repairs, or general house work. (I was out of town all week, and came back to the house just as I left it- he cleans too!).
    No one has designated territory. If it needs done, it gets done.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Mine just put a bigger deck on his rider. I don't use that one, I stick with the push mower.
    Of course, it takes me about 2-2 1/2 hours for me and it takes him about 20 minutes on that thing.
    That's ok, I get my exercise and I like to listen to tunes while I'm doing it, as well.
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 10:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• And why would you WANT to? You are lucky that he won't let you. There are better ways to get exercise or get out of the house.
    Anonymous

• Maybe he has fun mowing. let him have his fun, you might mess it up (in his head)
    Anonymous