3 month old standing?

is this bad for their legs? She LOVES to stand and prefers it over everything else! Will it make her legs bowed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No. it won't make her legs bowed.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• yeah right 3 months lol!
    Anonymous

• Anon, I'm sure she means standing with help.
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• anon.. don't be mean.. my son went through the same thing.. it won't be long till she stands by herself.. my son started walking around 7 months old holding my hands.. then 8 months old taking steps.. he's not 9 months old and walking everywhere TRYING to run lmfao.. such a headache. he gets pissed when i put him in the playpen, but there's no way i can do all day following him around.. the both of us needs a break sometimes lol

she won't be bowlegged.. if she wants to stand.. let her stand, otherwise, all you'll hear is crying out of frustration to get you to stand her up
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 10:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• nope, it won't cause bowed legs. using their leg muscles with strengthen the bones, being able to bear their own weight with their legs is a milestone that the docs look for.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Nope. Won't be a problem at all. My firstborn LOVED to stand and could support his weight from just a month old (obviously with me holding him up). Funny thing, my 3rd had noodle legs. I was a little worried about her after my first two were so strong. I thought it would take her longer to walk because her legs were practically worthless for the first nine month! :-) Didn't slow her down at all.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:04 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• It's good for her. It'll strengthen her legs.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:05 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• All babies have that reflex to push down with their legs. They can do it the day they are born. It is natural and healthy to let them.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• You should buy a jumper. My daughter used one when she was 4 months old.. couldn't bounce well at first.. but after about a month of using it she made that thing go crazy lol!
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 11:17 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• My 3 month old loves to be stood up :-)
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:23 PM on Jun. 14, 2010