Please help..what should I think?

So hubby and I have been ttc for 11 mos now. As hard as it is by itself, one of my really good friends just found out shes pregnant. Anyone else ever feel like every one is getting pregnant but them? Ok anyways, I have been tracking my ovulation for several months now, and no luck. Also I've been on clomid 50 for 1month, and then clomid 100 for 2 months. Still no ovulation or pregnancy. I have been to my doctor and they found I do have PCOS. But from the symptoms i know ive had it since puberty. We do have a daughter who is three, who was a suprise. I had gained weight since i got pregnant with my daughter, actually about 50lbs. I dont eat healhty but dont eat completely unhealthy. Being the weight change and the problems ttc now, any idea if weight could be a big reason why i cant concieve? I am starting to work harder on my eating habits and exercising. Any other suggestions? Anything would help thanks!

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Wish I could help, but this subject is complicated for me. I hope everything works out. I know how bad it sucks to see everyone around you getting pregnant when your trying so hard to. Especially when some of the people are teenage girls with no desire to be a mom. That's hard.
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Being overweight can make it harder. Also, it sounds like you're really stressing over it, and THAT causes problems too. Best of luck to you.
    Anonymous

• While for most women weight will not be an issue it will be for you.

Weight is a HUGE issue when it comes to PCOS, especially if you are insulin resistant. You will need a SPECIAL diet for women with PCOS that is made up of very few carbs because carbs affective your blood sugar which causes issue with your insulin.

You may need to add Metphormin to your Clomid since you have PCOS. I actually pretty surprised that your doctor didn't put you on Metphormin as well when they diagnosed you with PCOS.

In the future if fertility continues to be an issue you may look at Fertility Blend instead of the Clomid. I know at least 2 people who have been on Clomid with PCOS and gone off after several unsucessful cycles to try Fertility Blend. The first got pregnant 3 months later and the second got pregnant the first cycle.

Talk to your doctor about your diet. < THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!!!!
    Anonymous

• Can't help with the fertility thing, but anon 11:25 seems to have that down for you. I just want to empathize about the everyone getting pregnant but me aspect. I completely understand. I wasn't TTC at the time, but being a wife and mom is something I've wanted for as long as I could remember. My sister had just gotten married and found out three weeks later that she was pregnant. A couple months after that, the girl my brother was sleeping with is pregnant (to this day we're not sure who the father really is, though). A girl I worked with was pregnant as well as about 3 other people that we knew. I was really depressed around that time because everybody around me seemed to be getting the very thing that I wanted.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 7:43 AM on Jun. 15, 2010