Pagans: is the path you follow anywhere close to the probable path of your ancestors?

Let me see if I can explain - I have always been strongly drawn to Celtic/Scottish/British pre-Christian history... so naturally those were the Pagan Paths I started to research first. I have since also incorporated some Native American and Norse beliefs in to my Path. Oddly enough the major blood lines of my ancestors are British, Scottish, Scandinavian and Native American. I wonder if my ancestors lead me there somehow, or if I was drawn to these beliefs knowing my ancestors probably held some of the same. How close do you think your path comes to that of your ancestors?

Morgain

Asked by Morgain at 10:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No right or wrong answers here... so I'm gonna close this question... Thanks for the replies Ladies ;o)
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 6:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I think they guided you! Good for you for following!! Awesome I;m sure you will have so much fun learning everything!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Yes and No... I am kinda a Heinz 57 type of breed... Really my blood comes from all over Europe, so my rather eclectic path does kind of reflect that, but I also have beliefs that stem from other areas of the world such as Egypt and South America... So like I said, yes and no...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:16 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Dang girl! We might be of the same family tree! Your back ground sounds a lot like mine.. lol I too follow a semi-Celtic/Nordic/Native American thing too. Although I do have a fair amount of German/Swiss in me as well. We're not sure which, my son told me that the town my people were from was very close to the border and depending on who ruled, was dependant on where the border was at any given time. lol.
    But most of my beliefs fall in those lines. I never really got into the Greek or Egyptian pantheons. Not sure why, just never did.
    ColleenW62

Answer by ColleenW62 at 11:23 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• LOL Colleen!! We just might be connected somehow huh!!! ;o) I never really got into the Greek or Egyptian pantheons either.... I find them interesting, but I am not drawn to them in the least!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:47 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I started out more in line with my ancestry, but not so much anymore.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 12:32 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Yes, but that's also why I don't consider myself "pagan" in the sense that the term is typically used here.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:56 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Not really... I follow the Egyptian pantheon, because that is who I felt call to me... I am mostly of European and Russian descent...
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 1:13 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I follow the Egyptia path as well. I felt the call it was amazing. I am Italian but that is as far as i can research my path
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 7:11 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• My ancestors are Danish and Scottish/Irish. My chosen path is not near them.

I have always been drawn to Greek and Egyptian mythologies and so when I went in search I looked into those paths but have ended up an eclectic blend of Wicca and Hinduism because that is the direction my heart and soul led me.

Still love Greek and Egyptian but just ended up not being called that way.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:39 AM on Jun. 15, 2010