worried and wondering why would sme1 get fired if $ was stolen and they didnt even do it..

i was checkin our bank statemnt to see how much we would have left after our landlord would check the rent and found out tht there was like $200 missing freaked otu call my bf who works as managemnt he had to close the store last night so he tells me he took $ out cause last night when he closed the store there was $100 missing. so he had to put tht amount of $ back otherwise he could get fired even thou he didnt do it. i dont understand why i knw sounds suspicious since he was only manager closing store but why do we have to get blame for some1 else's problem. now we are gonna be BROKEE for the next 2wks after the landlord cashes the check for rent & i dont even knw how we r gonna mke it when we hve 3 lil kids.
this is seriously pissing me off ..we just keep hving bad luck this yr :'( sme1 is always screwing us
i dont get it i dont even knw what to ask. i just wanna get ideas what to do if theres anything it can be done

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• Hey, tell him to talk to the boss. Hope all works out for you guys
    Anonymous

• Well I work as a bartender. I am responsible for the drawer. If it's short, I have to pay. I'm sorry about your bad luck. Msybe the $ will be found and you can get it back. He may have given the wrong change out. Instead of being honest, many will take it and smile. I've done it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• BTW, I mean I've given out the wrong change, not taken it. FYI.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Working in a position which involves taking in money, you are responsible for every penny in that drawer. It is just part of the job. And yes, being short $100 will get you in lots of trouble, possibly fired. Tell you bf to count his drawer before his shift, make sure it is right. AND to not let ANYONE into that drawer. Have him change passwords if possible / applicable. If he is not taking the $, there are things he can do to stop someone else from taking the opportunity to take it. Tell him to KEEP HIS EYES OPEN and pay attention! When it comes to $, you really can't trust too many people if YOUR name is on the paperwork. Good luck!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:23 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I don't understand how your boss could take $200 out of your checking account at the bank to cover a shortage in his drawer at the store you work at. Or is that not what you meant? Perhaps life would go better for you if you took the time to check your work. If you manage your drawer the way you write you can pretty much expect to be fired. I can understand being upset and having a few typos, but this is too much!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Boyfriend! You have 3 lil kids and a boyfriend! You share a checking account, but he is only your boyfriend. I got it now!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jun. 15, 2010