who here has had PPD?

What symptoms did you have?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It happened with my 2nd and honestly I never reazlied it until much later; I was crying a lot, very stressed and easy to anger; my baby & I had a hard time bonding even though I was breastfeeding; I would nurse him and then let someone else take him (my sister or my husband or my mom) so I could spend time with my oldest son; sometimes I would try to comfort & cuddle him but he'd never calm down with me so it was easier for both of us for me to hand him off if someone was around, and other times I would leave him in his crib crying so I could just calm down; a lot of times I felt "trapped" and alone, but scared to leave the house. I had experienced depression before but never compared the two and I never got treated for PPD because like I said it wasn't until a lot later that I realized what it was I had gone through. If you think you might be try talking to your doctor because it can get pretty bad.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 12:12 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I had PPD after the birth of my second son. I was very anxious and cried a lot. I had trouble sleeping, even after the baby was sleeping through the night. You need to talk to your doctor because PPD is very serious. It's normal, a lot of women have it due to the hormone fluctuations in your body, but it's nothing to take lightly.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:02 AM on Jun. 15, 2010