And the baby never cried!!!

So, I had a super colicky baby. At 1.5 she is pretty good (just a regular toddler, but she eats and sleeps well, which is what I"m mostly concerned with). Anyway, family members and friends just love to tell me about babies they've been around who 'never cry.' A couple of them just regaled me with stories of miraculous 4, 5, 6 mos. old babies who they were around and didn't hear cry once! (Ex: "We stayed at my friends for the weekend who have a 6 mos. old and that baby didn't cry once?! Can you believe that?!) Ok, I get it. Other babies didn't cry as much as mine! Why do I care?! Why do they feel the need to do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't think it's aimed at you- they're just surprised. of my 3 I had ONE that was quiet, he never cried, rarely whimpered, just hung out. If he cried, you knew something was really wrong, and people constantly commented on how content he seemed.
    My oldest was a screamer, and still is- she is girl, hear her roar! I felt horrible when anyone would watch her as a little one, because she was so whiny... Don't take it personally.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:15 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Maybe their baby will cry when it hits that rotten age. lol. My niece is THE MOST colicky baby I've ever seen. And she has this high-pitched shriek. It's the most awful thing I've ever heard, but after 2 months that went away. She still cries the same cry, but she doesn't cry constantly anymore. Some people are annoyed by crying babies and feel the need to tell you. And some parents feel the need to brag about how much better their baby is than yours. It's stupid. Everyone wants to believe their baby is smarter, more well-behaved, and cuter than everyone else's
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 12:19 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• well they are lucky...my middle child was colicky so I feel your pain! She cried alot and hated certain people! My 3rd was the most mellow and I get thta alot about how good she is and how calm she is and its just the way she is.
    Anonymous