How could I do it? Breastfeeding?

My daughter is 14 months old and my son is due next month. My husband works full time so it will just be me and my two babies. My daughter is VERY active and always on the go. I breastfed her for 6 months and I want to do the same for my son. How can I manage this? Who has been in a similar situation? How did it work out?

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 12:09 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It is SOOO much easier... No formula to fuss with, no bottles to wash. The moment the baby is hungry, he is fed. Give the older one a baby doll to nurse when you feed the baby. Works like a charm.
    If I had used formula with my two youngest ones, I would have gone INSANE trying to keep up with the measuring, mixing, cleaning, refrigerating, warming, etc.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:12 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Sling and yes, I think bf'ing is way easier. No bottles or formula to buy. It only takes 10 mins tops anyway.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:12 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• My older is ADHD, has always been very busy.. my grrls are 22 1/2 mo apart.BF first for 15 months, second for 18 months.. your older child will change as the new one enters the family.. plan some distractions, read a story (if your baby will allow it LOL) turn on a movie, sing a song, hand him a baby doll and have him feed his baby too!!
    I cannot remember exactly what I did, still too tired!! ;D but well worth it!!!
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• The idea of it sounds much harder than it is, once you have baby there it just works, you get used to your daily routine. My oldest turned 3y/o 2 days after our second son was born and he breastfed till age 3 and i was already 3 months pregnant with our third child while weaning him, i then breastfed our daughter with a 3 and 6 y/o running around. I had to deal with soccer and baseball and school with my oldest and my full time job but it worked. It just becomes a part of daily life that is natural.

I would read with my kids while feeding baby, or sit them down with a snack. It works out.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:34 AM on Jun. 15, 2010