Am I getting stupid?

I was just in an accident a week ago today. I still have a large bump from where it hit the pavement when I rolled the jeep. My husband says I need a brain scan because he says my personality has changed since the accident and I haven't been thinking. I feel weird after my accident but not changed. I'm still pretty traumatized and I think I just need time. What do you think?

luvnmyfam13

Asked by luvnmyfam13 at 12:43 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Health

• I agree with your dh,,you really need to get checked out. Stop being silly about going stupid cause there might be more damage then you know right now. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• yeah, that is a sign/symptom of a brain injury... go get a CT scan and ask for the IMPACT test as well if they do it in your area!! ( http://www.impacttest.com/ ) I work with High School Athletes and that is a symptom I tell parents to watch out for after their child receives a hit to the head, but shows little to no other s/sx of a concussion.... go get checked... better safe then sorry!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:58 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• i think you should go to the dr and get checked. rolling a vehicle is a big deal and dr needs to be seen
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I'd have to agree with the others. You should get any significant head injury checked out.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 7:54 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• You should have been taken to the ER right from the accident. Head injuries are nothing to mess around with. Go to the ER and get a scan NOW.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:04 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

I did go to the ER right from the accident. They felt around the bump, asked me where it hurt and cleaned the cut and sent me home.
    luvnmyfam13

Answer by luvnmyfam13 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 20, 2010