What can I take or drink for this cough that's killing me am 22 weeks pregnant?

This cough is not letting me sleep what can I take or make at home so this cough goes away?

MommyOfJayden23

Asked by MommyOfJayden23 at 12:53 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• hot UNSWEET tea. sometimes i'd drink just hot water. just gulp it down, try not to taste it. you can also use the throat spray, i used it while pregnant, doc said it was fine, as long as you don't use too much of it. but you're not supposed to use too much of it anyway, pregnant or not lol.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• a big spoon full of Honey!!
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:00 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I got pretty sick when i was pregnant. My doc gave me the ok to have cough drops. Check with your doc to be sure.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:02 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Take some allergy meds. It sounds crazy and I thought so too when my Ob Gyn told me to do that for this really bad cough. I really didn't believe him til I took Benadryl one day bc I was sneezing. The cough went away too. Honey also helps
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:03 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Avoid dairy while you are sick – it can increase the amount of mucus your body produces.
    Peppermint tea is great! Peppermint is a natural decongestant; just be sure that peppermint is the only ingredient.
    Honey (antibacterial) and cayenne pepper (anti-inflammatory) is the best cough syrup.throat soother.
    Emergen-C will help you stay hydrated and give you an energy boost; be sure to mix it with cold water. The lowest price is at Trader Joes, though it is sold just about everywhere (Target, Walgreens, etc.).
    I am a big believer in the power of foods. This healing foods pyramid from the University of Michigan is great: http://www.med.umich.edu/umim/food-pyramid/index.htm
    Get some Elderberry syrup. The FDA criticized the manufacturer of Tamiflu for "overstatement" of claims of efficacy, since blind studies comparing it to a placebo only resulted in a 1.3 day difference.
    A study on Sambucol (Elderberry) found a 3-4 day diff

Answer by rkoloms at 3:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2010