I'm going crazy... please help!!!

I'm housesitting for friends. They have 4 huge dogs that will not stop barking and will not come in the house or the garage. They have dog beds in the garage and in the house so I know they're allowed in the house. There are dog bowls in most every room too. I tried coaxing them with hotdogs, I tried meat. I'm ready to start crying. How do I get these dogs to come in the house and shut up???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Pets

• Call the owners or take the dog by the collar and make them come in.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:10 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Really? The owner did not give you a set of rules and what to feed and when? You know what I would do,,,I would call the owners and ask them what the NORMAL routine is for these animals! There are food bowls in every room? That is gross! When they get back demand double for what they paid you,..Next time, ,,do not let the owner leave without a set up game plan. what is the dogs schedules? Where do the dogs eat and what ane where do they eat? You really need to get all that info first before you take on something like this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Don't call the owners. Take charge and grab them by the collar and make them go in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Or leave them out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Good idea but they outweigh me by 90 lbs and I'm scared to grab them. Great pyranees are about 200 lbs. I think. I think they might be used to laying outside all night and barking. That's not gonna work for me. Thanks for you ideas. i appreciate it. I'm working up my nerve to grab them. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• You shouldn't be dog sitting for animals that you're afraid of. I agree that a schedule should have been given before they left. If someone was dog sitting for me and having issues I'd WANT them to call me. Call them in the morning and find out how to get them in. Sometimes it's just a trigger word. For my dogs, it's "biscuit"...lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Don't ever grab any dog by its collar. They could bite you. When you reach over a dog and grab them, they think you might hit them so will react by biting.

Also Great Pyrenees are not 200 pds unless the owner has been way over feeding them.

Call the owners and ask them what to do or tell them they need to come home.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 8:46 AM on Jun. 15, 2010