Did you name your kid something different only to hear it or see it everywhere?

I named my son Beckett. Months after he was born, we were watching one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and one of the characters was named Lord Beckett. Then there is the Red Sox player with the last name Beckett. A lady in my Mary Kay unit has the last name Beckett. Jennifer Love Hewitt played a character with the last name Beckett.

I thought I found a cool name that no one else we know would have. Guess I was wrong. I'm hearing it more and more now!

mommyerin02

Asked by mommyerin02 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Totally off the wall. I had never heard it before. I googled it and found a few people with her name, but it isn't on any of the baby name sites/books or anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I named my son Kaseton - pronounced Kay-ston...or think Jason...'cept with the "st" sound. I like it, just didn't spell it "Kayston" because it looked feminine but we call him Kase or Kasey for short.
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 1:23 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Beckett is actually pretty popular. In 2009 it ranked 413 for baby boy names. 479 in 2008.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:24 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• We named our first daughter Arianna. I had never heard that name before. After she was born bam I hear it a lot. Its still pretty unique around were we live. My next daughter is Isabell. I picked it out before I had ever heard of twilight. Its too late now she is 7 months old lol. Have to go by her middle name when she hits school lol Emilelyn should be rare unless there are any army wives fans
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 2:21 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I have never heard 2 of my 5 childrens names more than once. My oldest and my first son and my son who will be coming are Madalyne, Connor and Colin so those are fairly common. My 2 girls in the middle are Carys (Care-is) which I heard once as the name of Catherine Zeta-Jones' daughter. My other daughter is Mairi (Mar-ee) which is an old irish version of mary.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 9:24 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I named my DD Delilah because I had not heard that name everywhere...until she was born!!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:40 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I have a son whom we use his middle name of Hawk - not heard of that one at all other than it is a last name in my family.
    My daughter we also use her middle name of Tarver - again a last name in the family - and I've heard it one other time at a local Maritime museum where the volunteer also had the same name and his son did and his father, and his father's father etc.
    My other sons are Roger -not common, but not uncommon, and Thomas - very common, but for us - family names.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:51 AM on Jun. 15, 2010