Need answers, please!

My 6 month old baby just woke up with awful diarrhea. She never poops at night anymore, not for months & just spent about ten minutes pooping extremely liquidy poo. Now it's like water. I know that teething can cause this, but out of nowhere? Should I do anything? No fever or anything. She looked kinda pale right before she started pooping, but she's got her color back now. I just feel bad...what should I do?

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 1:16 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Put some diaper cream on her bum, because if she has the dia trots {that's what my kids call diarrhea} like that she will keep having them and will get a rash. Then I would make sure she has had plenty of fluids and snuggle her back to sleep. There isn't much to do about diarrhea at that age, but push fluid.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:21 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Keep her hydrated and just keep checking her for fever.
    mommyerin02

Answer by mommyerin02 at 1:22 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Is it likely that she could be sick? I know it's almost impossible to tell....I just feel worried now...
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 1:24 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Don't worry, even if she is sick there isn't much to do at this point except fluids and try to keep her from getting a rash.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:25 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I agree. Watch for fever and if she still has it in the am be sure to keep her hydrated. Water and pedialyte. And keep her booty covered with a cream to prevent rash. Did she eat anything diff? I remember my son, ythe first time i gave him baby food with blueberries in it he had diarrhea for 24 hours. If your worried you can always call your pedi!!!!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:45 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Sounds like she may have gotten pale literally from pooping. I don't think anything is wrong.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:26 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• How is she doing?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Give it a couple days and it should go away it could of been something in your diet that caused that if you are breastfeeding just keep her bum clean with cream & lots of loving.
    Anonymous

• Sorry for a late update - she is fine. That was it as far as diarrhea went, but now we feel something under her gums & she's been extra cranky today. So, we're thinking it has something to do with teething, since I didn't eat anything out of the ordinary & she didn't either (we just started solids a few weeks ago). I hope these little buggers pop through soon, so she's more comfortable until the next set come in!
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 9:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2010