How do I take a break from CM w/out losing my profile and losing groups?

need to take a break but don't wanna lose my profile or groups so how do I set that up?

MaMas06

Asked by MaMas06 at 1:19 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I sometimes don't come on here for several months at a time, your profile should be fine, some groups will delete inactive members though and you can't really do anything about that.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:20 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Yeah your profile will be fine. I was gone for a year. That was the longest year of my life. I did forget my pass word lol so keep that safe some where. You will probably lose some groups. Maybe you could message the group owners and see if they can stop you from getting deleted.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:32 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Like above posters I often am not here for awhile - just come on like once a week to check your mail and if it says you're going to be deactivated from a group just reply then sign off again for another week. Or maybe do that monthly??
    BTW I also do this on FB I am not there but to get my mail and check the few groups I really like
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 2:10 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Thanx for yur answers!! that really helped! CafeMoms' Rock!!
    MaMas06

Answer by MaMas06 at 2:27 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Just don't come in. Your account will still be here....they won't delete it.
    Groups are a different story as they all have rules. You can either send a personal message to the owner of the group asking to not be kicked out for taking a long period of absence, or ask if you can rejoin when you are ready to come back to CM regularly. Many owners are very understanding and will help in any way they can.
    If you must leave a group in order to rejoin later on, be sure to write down the exact name of the group so you will be able to find it again when you come back. Be sure to post a message on the group's board to the members that you are taking a hiatus and will be back and that you will miss them. They will appreciate that.
    Take care.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:56 AM on Jun. 15, 2010