how do i tell my one year old son daddy dose not want to be a daddy to him?

my son keeps saying daddy daddy were is daddy he see my friends kids with ther daddy and hes daddy left when i was prego

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well you dont tell him that! you tell him something like you dont know where daddy is. or daddy is lost.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Don't tell him that. He's too young to fully understand. Just tell him where you think he is. "He's at his house". Or "I don't know where he's at"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• That's a tough one. I don't know what to tell you. He is to young to really understand. Does he have a male figure in his life? Men suck!
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:39 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I don't think you can say that to a 1 year old. They aren't going to understand. When he gets older I think I would try to explain to him that his father wasn't ready to be a father yet. That it didn't have anything to do with your son, just that his Dad wasn't mature enough or stable enough to be a Dad.

In the meantime, I would just tell him "You have mommy, and mommy loves you very much." Many children grow up with just one parent. Hopefully you have another male role model for him, maybe your father or a brother, but either way, just let him know you love him, and that he can always count on you.

Good luck! Hugs to both of you......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:41 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• yes he dose. but i tink he knows that its not his dad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• At 1 year of age it's okay to say that you don't know where he is. ...and from the sounds of it, that's the truth anyways.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:31 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• you dont
    RoseWall

Answer by RoseWall at 4:15 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• He is one year old. Just tell him Daddy is not here right now but he loves you. and lave it at that
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:23 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Your one year old, says "daddy daddy where is daddy?"?

thats amazing he sees other kids fathers, knows they are their fathers, and then refers that to "where is MY daddy" and asks you "where is daddy" it just blows me away that a one year old comprehends all of that.

A one year old is going to comprehend when you say "Daddy doesn't want to be your Daddy"

and not only is that hurtful to say to your child, but WRONG. Just say, Daddy is at his house, or i dont know where daddy is right now.

but...i still find it amazing that a one year old can comprehend all of this. Must be a genius..he sould be in guiness book of world records.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I agree with anon:24. Seems a bit mature for a 1 year old. 1 year old babies don't miss something they've never had.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:34 AM on Jun. 15, 2010