Nutritious food help....

Ok. So i am picky about what Carson eats. Both sides of me family are all heavy people as am i. I dont want my son to end up like that. I am trying to find out what the most nutritious foods are, and what nutrient each food you list holds :) Let er rip mamas, and thank you :) P.s. Hell be one on the 27th.

carsonsmommytam

Asked by carsonsmommytam at 1:33 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Build meals and snacks around whole foods: fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes. Drink water.

I have a ton of healthy, tasty, family and budget friendly recipes; send me a message if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• veggies, fruits, chicken, whole grains, water. he doesnt need juice or milk.

my dd has a great appetite, she loves the cups of carrots to snack on, loves eating cheerios (plain) loves shredded chicken, loves eating all different kinds of cheese, onion, green peppers, tomatos apple pieces, banana...she only gets juice about every other day and only one sippy cup of it. she LOVES her water. and prefers it over anything else. we never gave her cows milk, it isnt needed she gets her calcium from cheese, yogurt and other foods. VERY rarely we'll give her almond milk or rice milk just as a snack. how many teeth does Carson have?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:21 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I believe in everything in moderation. Some of it is a matter of personal taste - my son's favorites are blueberries, yogurt, mini shredded wheat, carrots, tomatoes, bananas, etc. As long as your son is getting a well balanced diet and lots of exercise, his weight shouldn't become an issue. Our family drinks milk, and my son loves it but we limit it to 2 cups/day and after that he drinks water. Juice is for a special treat.

Answer by missanc at 8:01 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Avocado, Kale and Sweet potato are really nutritious foods. Mainly fresh veggies and fruits. Limit dairy to 16 oz a day and only use juice occasionally. Give whole grains and lean meat. Let him get used to drinking water with his meals.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:10 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• He looves water. He gets juice like twice a week. And its not apple or grape which i heard were the least nutritious. And i water it down. The kid will eat anything but cottage cheese and has a large appetite. (his weight runs between 40th and 50th percentile, and his height is always 75th so he isnt chubby, and i wanna keep it that way). I havent started milk yet, so he doesnt get that. And looves vegetables. Thank you for all your input. Oh, and he has 6 teeth. 4 top front and 2 bottom front :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2010