Similar sibling names? Kylie and Kyra... TOO close?

The names are hypothetical, I don't care whether you like the names or not. They could be any two 2 syllable names with the same 1st syllable but a totally different second/last syllable. I Just want to know if they are TOO close to each other to use for siblings or not.

Once again the names are hypothetical. If I had one daughter named Kylie and named my next daughter Kyra, would they be too similar?

I made this a poll too and these were the options:
-Yes they are too similar, it would be confusing, annoying, whatever.
-No I don't think they are too close.
-Um, I don't know
-I don't think I would use names that similar but I wouldn't think anything of someone else doing it.

Blueliner

Asked by Blueliner at 1:38 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My girls are Kailei and Mikaila I tought the same as you at first but they are my girls and I liked the names so that is what it is. They are your kids name them what you want it doesn't matter what anyone else says.
    2girlsmomutah

Answer by 2girlsmomutah at 1:50 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• i think you would be confusing yourself. lol
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:39 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• No, perfect !!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I don't put my DD's name on the internet that's why the names are hypothetical, but I'm pregnant with a second baby and my favorite girl name is similar to DD's in the way I described above. I can't decide if I should just go with it since I like the name so much or if they will be too close. Half my family thinks the names are too close the other half loves the name!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:43 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• go with what you want. in the end it's your decision. dont worry about pleasing family.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:44 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• It's not just about pleasing family though... It's actually not that at all, though I take their opinions into consideration. I just don't want their names to be annoyingly close... where people are always thinking it's weird that the names are similar, or will they grow up and think that their names are too close, etc...
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:47 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I've heard the name before... it's actually fairly popular, in 2005 it peeked at 179 but last year it was down to 271, and yes I was pronouncing it like Tyra with a K.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:52 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I don't think Kailei and Mikaila are too close at all, definitely less similar too each other than the 2 I like...
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:54 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Okay, I had to be weird and look the name up. lol. But I think its a beautiful name and give your daughters whatever names you think fit them. Its up to you.
    lovemylittle1

Answer by lovemylittle1 at 2:39 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I'm not actually using either name... they're 100% hypothetical, I don't put my kids names on here. Thanks though.

For the record... DD"s name and the name I like for baby #2 if it's a girl are both MUCH more unique/uncommon than the 2 names I gave here as an example.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:43 AM on Jun. 15, 2010