does eny one have a baby that eats all day but still does not gain eny thang??

ok so my so eats and eats and eats all day o ya hes one and is 20 pounds and hes been 20 pounds from the time he was 9mos. old.

garthslove

Asked by garthslove at 1:49 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Health

• yes my 2 yr old doesn't gain anything. she's been 12 kilos for like the last year. And she's still scrawny no matter how many meals, how many sandwiches and how many snacks. I gave up, she eats whenever she wants, I guess she has a high metabolism. There's nothing you can do.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 1:52 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• It's normal. As they age, they become more active and need more food. They just burn it off. Imagine it as the same as an adult who ups her eating a little but also takes on a new exercise routine. That's how it was explained to me. My daughter weighed the same-18 pounds- from about 9 months to about 16 months or so.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:55 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Yup he is 9 now and I have no clue where he puts all that food. He has been a hungry kid from birth. He always ate far more than other kids his age and still does. Now that he is 9 people say oh he is a growing boy, umm no he has always eaten twice as much as other kids. He is slender and was only chubby when he was a year old then quickly grew out of it. Our doctor says he just has a high metabolism. I am seriously afraid of the teen years, especially now that my other son has started eating more with the onset of puberty.

It is normal I have heard of other children who do that same thing.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:31 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I have one of those kids too. At 3, he would eat 5 sausage and biscuits for breakfast, for lunch could eat 4 peanut butter sandwiches and then eat a huge supper. He still was the tiniest kid ever. He always looks anorexic and starved. I at one point thought maybe he had a tapeworm. LOL He just has a high metabolism.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:03 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I have 4 kids who eat an amazing amount of food - everyone always comments, and they hardly ever gain weight! Of course, I was that way too when I was a kid (and still am to a point). My 12 year old is finally at an "average" weight, according to his dr. But the 8 and 10 year olds are still really skinny and my 18 month old hasn't gained anything since his 12 month appointment - he's 22 lbs.

Answer by missanc at 9:52 AM on Jun. 15, 2010