Co Sleeping with my toddler...

DD just turned two and has recently decided she wants to sleep in our bed. Nothing is new or different, so it just came out of nowhere. She has slept alone since basically birth,but now when we put her down for bed she gets up and gets in our bed, and we dont really mind having her in bed with us, so we havent done anything to stop it. The only thing is that we know eventually we will need to break her of it. I'm curious what is easier, breaking her of it now, or waiting until she gets older and we are ready to have our bed back? I think a lot of the reason I've just let it go is that I love cuddling with her, and now that she is getting older, and not so much a baby anymore, being able to hold her while she is asleep is really comforting to me!! ;-) just bein honest.

Thanks for the tips ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I dont think it is easier now or later, I think it is easier when the child is ready to go to their own bed. All 3 of our children have co-slept our boys went to their own bed at age 3, they did really well and were happy to sleep in big boy beds. My youngest is 5 and loves her room and her bed but still sleeps with us most nights. She will start out in her room and end up in our bed. When she sleeps all night in her room she is proud of herself lol. I figure when she is ready she will stop waking up and coming in to sleep with us. For now I am happy to get all the cuddle time I can with her, soon she will be a big girl and not want to spend as much time with me.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:23 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I agree with the other poster....our oldest co-slept on and off from 8 mths til 3 or 4. Our daughter never co-slept unless she was sick. One of our middle boys never co-slept while the other one did from birth until about age 8. Our next to the youngest co-slept until about age 6-7 and our youngest has never co-slept.

It really depends on the child and when they are comfortable. We don't mind co-sleepers either and figured none of the kids would still crawl into our bed after prom night. We have not had kids in our bed for a couple years now and every once in awihle I do miss the cuddling.
    semazani

Answer by semazani at 2:39 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Mine slept with me until 5. But, only because we had no choice....I didn't care, but, he on his own would have quit at like 3 or 4, I'm sure.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:55 AM on Jun. 15, 2010