Is there something I can use to get the number for someone who keeps calling me restricted?

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 2:34 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• well u can do *69 who lets u know who called you even if it was blocked. if its not blocked look in ur received calls n find the number n call it and see who answers. BTW I copied this from another person. Idk if it works but you can try it. Lemme know if it works :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I believe the phone company can set up a number block (without informing you of the caller's identity), if you tell them the times of the calls, however the mystery caller could use any street phone to get around that.

I suggest you turn your phone to silent overnight to prevent it ringing-out / buzzing and just ignore the calls. Another option is that you could get a new sim card with a different number and have whichever phone package you are on transferred. Then you would have to go to the pain of telling only the people you trust your new number...

This is a lot of trouble for you to go to - but that just might be their point
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I pay my phone company around $5 month for a blocked call block. If someone calls me from a blocked number, they get a message saying press *?? to unblock your number and call again. I know that you can call your phone company and have them block certain numbers, but there's nothing stopping them from calling you on another line. Hope that helped, GL

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• *69 is the only thing that i kno will tell u even if it is blocked and yes it works try it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• *69 does not work for a blocked call..

it will say something like "the previous number received is unknown."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 AM on Jun. 15, 2010