Built in carseats...safe?

My husband and I are buying a 95 plymouth grand voyager and it has buildt in carseats....you pull down a foam seat and it has straps. I am just wondering if anyone kows how safe this is compared to a real carseat? We will be using it on a daily basis, for long drives for work.

Lobelia

Asked by Lobelia at 4:55 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• here is more info  (question 14.)

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I think your personally better off putting your child in his own carseat. They don't look safe by any means. I wouldn't use some built in car seat for my child but it's your child so if you want my opinion which is why you asked the question i would never use that built in car seat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• yes, I do want your opinions. I never heard of these built in carseats before so I didnt kow if they were safe or not. Your opinions are appreciated!
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 5:00 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I love our built in car seat. It is a flip down 5 point harness. It tightens nicely to her body. She is comfy in it. It has passed all safety regs so I am not worried about how safe it is since I know I am using properly for a child who is of the correct weight. Ours starts at 22 pounds.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:28 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• thanks for the website!
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 7:35 AM on Jun. 15, 2010