frank lloyd wright quote/comment

I was watching a bio on Frank lloyd wright and he made a comment on the masses and what their taste in architecture was ( something similar to that ) and I wrote it down thinking I have to use this quote, of course I can't find it now and can't find the bio on t.v. This is killing me ! I have to figure this out. Anyone know this quote/comment ? It was one word, something like the ***ocricy ?

eblue3

Asked by eblue3 at 7:22 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/f/frank_lloyd_wright.html

scroll down this site and see if you see it

Answer by admckenzie at 7:39 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I dont know the quote itself but there is a website I found quite some time ago with a million quotes. The first link is the main page, the second link is the page with all of Frank Lloyd Wright's quotes. Maybe you will find it there?

http://www.quoteland.com/

http://www.quoteland.com/author.asp?AUTHOR_ID=2136
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 7:40 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• thanks ! I have been looking on all kinds of sites about him and even went to a fan club but did not see it there. I'll keep looking. I'm to bullheaded to give up when I want to figure something out. I should be a detective lol.
    eblue3

Answer by eblue3 at 8:09 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I found the answer ! It is mobocracy. He is referring to the masses as having no taste in architecture.
    eblue3

Answer by eblue3 at 9:31 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• What a strange word for him to use in relation to architecture.
    I love to learn new things and so I looked up the word mobocracy in my dictionary.
    The definition it provides is this; "1. Political control by a mob. 2. The mass of common people as the source of political control."
    As I said, strange.
    Was there a discussion prior to this quote for his reasoning of making this statement?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:48 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• actually there was, he had said that the people were stupid, too common, in relation to their tastes in architecture and/or asthetics, and he was quite sick of the masses believing this way. I know, interesting and very funny.
    Obviously, he did not mean to use the correct meaning of the word. Frank Lloyd Wright was very egotistical. He took parts of the meanings and made his own word up. From mob he took the meaning and used it as the masses of people ruling the world but, instead of political control, he said it was the masses of people with their unimaginative, low class and tacky take on asthetics and architecture. Unlike his own because in his eyes he was the greatest architect born which gave him the right to say what is taste and what is not.
    I hope this made sense lol. Just watch one of the bios on him and you will see what I am talking about. Thanks everyone for your input.
    eblue3

Comment by eblue3 (original poster) at 5:27 AM on Jun. 23, 2011