If you were extremely wealthy would you have your future husband sign a prenup?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Probably so...
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:20 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• yes. i am poor as can be and STILL had guys use me for my money... and i'm a single mom! i luckily only ended up being used once, then i left the next guy when i realized it was going to happen again.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 9:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Yep. I was very wealthy when I married my ex - 12 years later we divorced and I got screwed! I hadn't had him sign a prenup because in my young, naive eyes it made it look like I didn't trust him and expected to get divorced. Now older and wiser, if I had it to do over - absolutely I would have him sign a prenup!

Answer by missanc at 9:46 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• My business is going to be very big in five years and I so far do not feel the need to get married I might date someone or move in with them but for me it would have to be whats his is his and whats mine is mine. Selfish yes but it works for me.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:07 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• You don't even have to be all that wealthy. Consider a widow and widower in their 60's with grown children. Don't you think they should sit down and discuss how their finances will be distributed when their marriage eventually ends. Would it be fair if the husband died and his wife got everything and then when she died her kids got everything? What about the husband's kids. These things have to be discussed. Unless you are both just starting out and neither of you has kids everybody needs a prenup along with a will.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't have a husband if I was wealthy--I mean I would keep the current one,, if it happened,, but I would be a jet-setting dater!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:13 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• If I went into the marriage with a lot of wealth in my account, then I definately would. It wouldn't matter how much I loved him, trusted, him, etc. That was my nest egg, that was my earnings, I would want it protected regardless.

If I became wealthy while I was married to DH then I wouldn't sign anything. That would be our money to build our life on.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:06 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't get married...lol.
    Just kidding.
    I don't know...I always thought of a pre-nup as a sign that you are expecting a divorce in the future, which sort of takes the essence out of a loving marriage.
    Maybe I can hide my wealth so he thinks I'm an ordinary woman and he loves me for who I am?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:42 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• sorry that happened to you missanc :(
    rosesrred1

Answer by rosesrred1 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2010