Would you lose or gain weight if what you mostly ate all day was bananas,strawberries,grapes,peaches,apples,oranges?

I know, seems like a stupid question,lol.
Heres the thing, I'm pregnant and thats mostly what Ive been craving and thats all I want to eat. I still didnt lose about 30 pounds of the weight I had gained from my previous pregnancy (I got pregnant again 11 months after). I'm 6 months along now and my recent indulgence has been nothing but fruit. I'm thinking this is healthy but at the same time,fruits do contain a lot of natural sugars. Sugar being a culprit in weight gain. So would I gain excessive weight eating mostly those foods I posted? For example, yesturday I ate 2 peaches,a banana, a pint of strawberries,A bowl of seedless green grapes,2 apples and 2 oranges..oh AND I had cut up lemon and clemintines in my ice water and ate those when my water was gone,LOL. Told you I've indulgedin this craving,lol. Other than that I ate a ham and cheese sandwich and that was it for the day.What are your thoughts/experiences?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• My thoughts-- that is not enough calories for you and the baby you are carrying...fruit is great, but your baby needs more than that to grow properly. I hope that I'm not interpreting your post as you would like to lose weight while pregnant...I would caution you against that, but I can understand not wanting to gain a ton of weight...also, if you ever end up gestational diabetic you will have to be very careful about fruit consumption as it can really mess with your blood sugar.
    I craved cheese when I was pregnant with my last- which was great because I was gestational diabetic and it was one of the 5 things I could eat safely. I totally understand cravings!
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:57 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• lol, NO...I don't want to lose weight while I'm pregnant I would just like to NOT gain a whole lot more because I already have the 30 extra pounds still there from last pregnancy and I've already gained another 20 from this pregnancy and I'm 6 months! lol I'm going to have to work like hell to get all this off after baby is born,lol. I want to make sure I eat as healthy as possible now so that I don't over do it while I'm pregnant, you know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• you would gain weight because you're not feeding your body the proper amount of calories so it will trick itself into holding on to everything you intake
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Excessive amounts of fruits and veggies can cause weight gain, because they have a high amount of sugar in them. That's what a lot of people don't understand. Anything in excess is bad for you. Even fruits and veggies. Even though you're not craving anymore then that it is important that you get more into your diet. That means grains and dairy along with the fruits and veggies.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:01 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I would think that you would lose weight simply because all that fruit would cause diarrhea.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• That is not a balanced diet. You'd be missing a good protein source, as well as dairy and vegetables. The high levels of sugar would probably keep spiking your blood sugar and making your insulin levels high, so you would store fat. If you are pregnant, I think you need to make sure you are including the other important foods.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• If you're craving fruit, try incorporating other food groups WITH the fruit. Like if you want strawberries, try a strawberry milkshake (with low fat ice cream and skim milk if you want to watch the weight gain); have some crackers with your grapes, how about a banana/peanut butter sandwich on whole grain bread? It will round out your diet to fit in some other food groups while still giving you what you are craving.

Answer by missanc at 6:33 AM on Jun. 16, 2010