I have no support from my family..

I'm 38 weeks pregnant.. and I don't have a sitter for my 3 kids for when I deliver my baby. I had asked my mother to be in the delivery room with me. She asked my SIL if she would watch my kids while I was delivering the baby so my mom could be in the room with me. And she said no.. I don't get it. My other SIL just had a baby so i can't ask her. My husbands family is no longer in our lives because his dad molested my daughter a year and a half ago and his mother chose to stay with his dad. So now my mom can't be in the room because my dad will be going to Canada for vacation. What the heck am I supposed to do? I have nobody else. there are no sitters I can ask. there was no one else. So not only will I not have my dad in the country.. I can't have my mom in the room either. It makes me feel like everyones like "oh well about her" I'd do it for them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well I wouldn't ask the SIL any more,,,,you don't want a resentful person watching your kiddos... I guess your Mom will have to watch them,,I am so sorry for you, but at least SHE will be happy to be with her current grandchild,, and GOD BLESS you for cutting you inlaws out of your life,,, Do you have any neighbors? You really don't know when your going into labor,, but if my neighbor was in your situation,, I would totally drop everything to stay with her kids,, and I don't even know her very well. Hope it works out for you,, boy or girl? Off the subject,,did you press charges against your FIL? I was wondering if the SIL was still in contact with them,, and perhaps that had something to do with it? Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:10 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Let mom watch your kids. You don't need someone with you. Many women have them with just a medical staff or even alone with no one to really help. It's your fourth child. It will be quick and you will be home quickly. She can help you then. I never had anyone with me during my hospital stay with any of my children. I was fine. you will be too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• oh you poor thing! they should be ashamed. why can't they post pone the trip???? My GOD it's their grand child!!!   IMO it seems that they are being selfish. all of them. do you or your husband have a friend that could watch them?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• That's messed up! Can you think of any responsible adults you know who would be willing to help out? Neighbor, kid's friend's mom? Your SIL's a bitch!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:31 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I'm not sure the reason she said no... so may have a good reason. and i won't be alone, my husband will be in there. but i've always had my mother in the room. she takes pictures of us with the baby.. and takes pictures right after shes born so we don't have to worry about taking them. I don't want to grouch at my dad or anything.. but he was there last week for my nephews birth. but won't be there for my daughters...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I had my last child alone and my first one almost alone until I actually had him. I would ask someone to come and what is up with your Sister in law? I would ask her to be there if she does not want to watch your kids do you get along with her?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:36 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• So my mom says its because my kids don't listen to her. I ONLY wanted her to watch them while I was actually delivering the baby. Not during the whole labor.. I'll remember that if she ever needs help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• He'll be in the room. But I also wanted my mother in the room. She's always been in there.. but she won't be able to this time because we don't have a sitter, except her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I don't want to sound mean so please don't take it this way.. but your family cannot drop whatever they are doing every time you have another child. It sounds to me like your family has always been supportive with the last 3 births but maybe this time they have things to do and their own reasons for not being able to help out. Let your mother watch them and enjoy the birth of your 4th child with your husband. I see nothing wrong with that. Then momma can come up during your recovery and take all of the pictures she wants.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• No, shes never been in contact with them. She says they don't mind her. But they're really not bad kids, if she told them to sit they would. And no, my family was not supportive of me with my other children. They were by a different father, my first husband. and his mother watched them. The only supportive family member I have is my mother it seems. And we just moved here... anyways, with what happened with my daughter we don't trust people that we don't know well with our kids, we thought we knew him well.. We did press charges, we go to court in August, it was post poned because the messed up the charge and had to ammend it. And its a girl. My fourth girl...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Jun. 15, 2010