Babysitting question...

So dd is 6 mos old and Dh and I have been stressed to the max with everything. We were only married a few months before I got pregnant (SUPRISE! lol) I was still in college. And finically things have just gone down hill horribly. We've been fighting and bickering and it just hasn't been good. But a few weeks ago my mom came up and spent a week with us. She took the baby to my sisters a few hours away for an entire day and it was AMAZING. we got along so well, we went out and had a great time. We had only gone out once since she was born. Well we are getting back to the no time for eachother fighitng bickering crap again. I want to get a babysitter so we can have a night out. But I hate to leave her with soemone else at night. Because her way of fighting sleep is to scream her head off for three hours until she finally passes out. Aside from that she is a VERY good baby. I just feel so bad leaving soemone else to that (con't).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• (con't) to our torture. But we don't have any days off together either, so nights (and only one a week) are the only time we get. Nothing we have tried has worked to get her to sleep, CIO, rocking, feeding, toys, crib soothers. She just screams until she goes to sleep. its our nightly routine lol. Would you leave her with a babysitter at night (Not overnight, just for a few hours)? I know we need to get out and get couple time, but I just feel so bad leaving her!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• What time does she finally fall to sleep? Is she getting plenty of rest during the day? I was thinking you could go out late,, after she falls asleep? You and your hubby deserve your couple time as well, once a month at the very least,, don't feel bad momma!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:02 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Personally, I would never leave my son with a stranger...but that's just me. My fiance and I had the same problem when our son was a newborn until he was like 5 months old or so. We just weren't agreeing on how he should be raised and handled and it caused us to argue and fight all the time. We were both really stressed out so that didn't help either. But if we were alone by ourselves, everything was good. Things are alot better now, our son is 10 months old, but still...I wouldn't leave him with a stranger just so we could get a night out. I know how my son is around people he doesn't know and its not worth it to me to put him through that just so I could get some time with my fiance. My son is my number 1 priority. Some people will disagree with me but that's okay. I think you should do whatever you feel is best.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:04 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• She usually passes out anywhere between 8pm and midnight lol. She takes naps during the day. A few 20 min ones in the morning and about an hour long one in the afternoon. Then usually 2 more 15-20 min ones. That's her own schedule, not one we've put her on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• OP here: I'm not planning on leaving her with a stranger. Thats just too weird. But even family members I just feel so bad about having them deal with ehr when she's like that. And for whatever reason she DOES NOT like my MIL. She screams everytime she holds her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Have you thought about making an at-home date? I wouldn't be comfortable leaving my daughter with a sitter at night, but that's me. My SO & I have gone out once together since Peanut was born almost 7 months ago, so I feel your pain. We just make sure we keep our communication open & spend time together at home while she's sleeping. We watch movies, cook a late-night dinner, talk about our day & laugh. We haven't fought once she was born & I really attribute that to us just talking & staying open with each other.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 10:59 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• If your paying the babysitter and tell her in advance than I dont see a prob with it. Thats her job. You guys need a break too. Just give her a couple extra bucks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I would hire an older sitter, rather than a teenager.......Most older moms have been through crying babies and can tollerate it much better than the younger girls. She will be FINE, but will you? I would think that as long as you find someone you can trust, and they know the situation before they come over, everything should be good.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 11:43 AM on Jun. 15, 2010