Should I pump twice?

I am weaning from the pump. Today was supposed to be my last day, but baby did not feed all that well this morning and now I am feeling full. I was going to wait until noon and do just one pump today, but I am thinking it might be wise to do two. What are your thoughts?

bhwrn1

Asked by bhwrn1 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The pump does such a poor job compared to my son for me... so I would pump 2 full times - especially if you are still wanting to nurse at home, just wanting to get rid of the pump.
    TarraJoy

Answer by TarraJoy at 10:27 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Every time you pump it's cuing your body that you still need that milk volume at that time. Personally, I might use the pump just to take the edge off but that's it, if you don't do a full pumping your body will get the clue to back off on milk production.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:03 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• If you are uncomfortable, then pump a little. You can still store whatever milk you get out, but don't pump until you feel completely empty because that will signal your body to produce more milk to keep up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Partially emptying the breast can cause blocked ducts and even mastisis. If you are going to pump, pump it all out. I would NOT pump if you are trying to reduce. It may take a day or two, but your body will regulate back out.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 15, 2010