When did your baby/babies start sleeping through the night?

I thought it was normal, but the more I see on here the less I believe it. My DD (who is now two) started sleeping from 9:30 pm-6:30 am at six weeks old. She would occasionally wake up to nurse, but it was very rare. I realize now that I'm super lucky! But we have baby number two on the way, so I'm looking for a more realistic time frame.. LOL

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine was 3 months old.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:19 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• 18 months maybe. Or 2 years. I can't remember, it was all a sleepless blurr.
    There are some researchers who actually think it's a natural evolutionary advantage for them to wake often to nurse, because it ensures they're getting enough liquid and nutrients. Also, babies who sleep too deeply without waking are more at risk for SIDS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• DD was 13 months old and DS was 15 months old.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:22 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I was also one of the lucky ones. My daughter started sleeping through the night at about 5 weeks and my son around 6 weeks. Both were breastfed up until about 4 months old. I know alot of folks say that breastfed babies don't sleep as much as formula fed babies but in my case that wasn't true!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• My first was about 18 months. My second slept well from about 8 weeks to 5 months, then she woke up a lot until she was almost 2.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Mine were both exclusively breastfed too (to 17-ish months and to about 22 months), and they just slept different and had different personalities.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 10:25 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I've been mostly lucky. My oldest was sleeping through the night consistently by 7 weeks. One of my twins started sleeping all night by 8 to 10 weeks, but then she started getting up at night again around 5 months and continued to do it off and on until she was nearly 2. My other twin started sleeping through the night around 3 1/2 to 4 months, and he has been a great sleeper ever since.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:33 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• My son was four months old. Then at six months old he started waking up again. Then at eight months old he started sleeping through the night again. He wakes up on occassion now, but not often.

My daughter is six months and only slept through the night for a month or two when she was two months old.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:48 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• My son STTN at 3 weeks, then started thinking 3am was morning time around 4 months. Eventually he would just eat then and go back to sleep. He was back to STTN by 8 months.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 10:51 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• 4 months give or take. He sleeps from 9pm-7 or 8 w/o waking.
    ConnorMonster

Answer by ConnorMonster at 11:01 AM on Jun. 15, 2010