Is tahini sauce really necessary??

I want to make falafel, and have been reading that tahini sauce pairs well with it. Well, only problem is that I don't have tahini sauce, and quite frankly have never really known what it is or tastes like. So with a little help, how necessary is the tahini sauce??

Also, not real sure what to serve with it?? Do I have to have a dipping sauce, or is there something else that I may be able to serve with it without having to go to the store to buy something?? Thanks!:)

chelcityrocks

Asked by chelcityrocks at 10:33 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You can use peanut butter as a substitute for tahini.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:54 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• You can make tahini with lots of toasted sesame seeds, or just buy the paste. It's in a little jar in the ethnic foods section, or near the spices and herbs.
    I have made baba ganoush before and just skipped the tahini and use a little sesame oil in its place because I didn't want to go to the store or spend any extra money. It turned out ok I think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Jun. 15, 2010