do u know how to make a banana truffle.. think thats what its called.

all i know is it has banana slices, a pudding and she used vinilla waffers and it had whiped cream or something along that line. didnt taste like whiped cream. anyone ever make this? it was really good and know my kids would love this treat. thank u in advance xo

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• That would be a "trifle". Here in the south we call it banana pudding and they are made differently from family to family. The recipe that I used to make is: a small box of vanilla pudding mix, 1 c. of sour cream, 1 c. of milk, 1 t. vanilla extract, combine that and fold in 8 oz. of whipped cream. Layer it in a trifle dish or a casserole dish with vanilla wafers and banana slices.

(Truffles are fungi like mushrooms that grow underground. They are a delicacy...this is where the chocolate truffle gets it's name because it is often coated in cocoa powder and roughly shaped to resemble them...just for FYI.)
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:52 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• its called banana pudding
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:54 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I love banana pudding! How I made it once and was told by several people who were originally from the south that it was "correct" was just layers of vanilla pudding, banana slices and vanilla wafers and topped it with whipped cream.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 11:48 AM on Jun. 15, 2010