braxton hicks????

iv been having sharp pains in my back, and cramps for the past few days i called the dr they told me to drink water and rest. but i didnt think braxton hicks were suppose to hurt i hardly slept all night bc they hurt so bad. feels like my insides are going to fall out and my whole body is sore. im only 20 and this is my second baby i never these issues with my first baby. they come in like waves for hours then stop for an hour or two and come on just as hard as they left. the drs said labor is when your belly gets tight but idunno how to tell if my belly getting tight...im 29 weeks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Have you tried prenatal yoga, or have you seen a chiropractor? I had terrible pain in my hips and sharp stabbing feelings in my lower back during my second pregnancy, and the only thing that helped was the yoga dvd and a few visits to the chiro. He said it was nerve pain and joints separating, and really the only "cure" was having the baby, but he did an adjustment a few times to give me some temporary relief.
    To tell if they are contractions, put your hands on your belly, like one above your belly button and one below, and feel if the muscles seem to loosen and tighten again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• My stomach never got tight with labor. Only my back had contractions. I knew it was labor because it started very light and gradually got worse and worse with no stopping. Just a contraction every 5 minutes. That increased in intensity.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:12 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Braxton Hicks can hurt severely. Your doctor gave you the best advice... Drink water and relax. There is nothing your doctor can really do for your pain unfortunately. It is all part of pregnancy.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2010