Impending Labor???

I have lost to the best of my knowlege my mucus plug, I am dialated to 1 centimeter as of last friday and my baby is completly engaged and in the birth canal. Now with that said, I keep having period like cramps and lots of pressure. In my lower back and in my bottom area. Does this or could this mean that I am almost there, or is this one of those things that is like: " You could, but most likely you will go till your due date. BTW, I am 37 weeks along...... Ugh I just want to meet the little one inside me and hold her and love her.

MammaJLoves

Asked by MammaJLoves at 10:50 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you never know... I was 3cm at 36 weeks and was still 3 cm when I was induced at 42
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:51 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• No one knows but the baby. You could be in early labor and not even have contractions that are painful (like a friend of mine, who had her baby with 2 pushes, just as her husband was walking into the room when she called him up to the bedroom to say she felt weird). Or you could go almost 2 weeks past your due date exactly as you are now (that's what I ended up doing).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Sounds like normal pressure from your baby dropping to me. I experienced this with my two kiddos.. and I carried my little girl to 40 weeks, 4 days, lol.. And I was 3 cms dilated for weeks, lol! Good luck!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2010