• In the Spotlight:

Am I invisible?

Do you ever feel like plp walk pass you and never pay attention to you? I feel like that all the time. At stores and restaurants. I am just the kind of person plp forget. I'm sick of it. Even my so called friends do it. I have pointed it out to others I am with about it and they agree, it's like I am not there. I just want one or two plp (besides my hubby) to talk to. I thought it would be easier since I have a son to connect to others, but it doesnt seem to help. I was wondering if this has happened to you or you can relate?

ConnorMonster

Asked by ConnorMonster at 11:21 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Try to be more assertive, and don't let yourself be forgotten. You need to treat yourself well and carry yourself like you are important, because you are. I have certain friends that are always noticed before me, just some pheremones or something that makes people (mostly guys) notice them and ignore me. They don't have kids now, so we spend less time together anyway and I honestly feel better about myself when they're not around. Try getting involved in some kid of moms group, and don't be afraid to get into the conversation. Do some volunteer work where you will be noticed (like a red cross blood drive, or as a hospital or nursing home volunteer) and you'll feel better about yourself. Keep yourself away from negative energy and do something uplifting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• It's easy to be invisible when you are shy, which I am when I first meet people. It takes me a little bit to warm up. I'm having to learn to hold my head up, smile, and say hi. Find something you really like to do. Put on a bright shade of lipstick. Wear something you know that always perks you up. Sometimes the more gregarious people arent so sure what to say or do near us quieter people so we have to learn to speak up a little. : )
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:41 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• You have to put yourself out there if you want to get noticed. You cannot sit quietly in a corner to get noticed, you have to be in the center of the circle & have lots of things to say. I am shy sometimes, but a few drinks usually helps that...lol.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:43 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I swear I must be invisible when people walk right into you or right in front of you! I'm not shy at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• First when I go into a room I ask a question and make eye contact or I give a compliment and this breaks the ice for me and I am aggressive to start with I talk to my waiter in a polite manner and when I leave I thank them and the next time I come back I am never forgotten. Do not be invisible invite your friends out or over to the house and go places. Do things for yourself. Find a fight song. I have several my favorite is Rock hard ride free by Judas Priest. Do not be invisible and do not worry embarrassment is invisibility leaving you.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2010