What do I do about My Relationship???

I have been in this relationship 6 yrs and its had its ups and downs,but lately he has become very distant and it really hurts.We have triplet boys together and have a baby on the way due October.We have lived apart now for almost one year,but still saw each other alot,still told each other that we loved one another,ect.In February he bought me a ring,then shortly after I found out I was pregnant and he has grew distant since.We still talk but only when its related to the boys,he has not been to one dr apt yet for the baby and never acts as if he wants to talk about her.I try to communicate with him,but get nothing in return.I love him,and miss him sooo much and want us to be a family again so bad.What do I do???

MomOfTriplets08

Asked by MomOfTriplets08 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• years ago I was seperated from my 1st husband and we had 2 kids and got pregnant again...he didn't tell anybody about the pregnancy until people saw that I was pregnant again..he didn't come to the birth either. However when she was 2 months old he found us a bigger house and wanted to give living together another try....we tried and I left him 18 months after that.
    In hindsight I am glad I at least tried and i wished i would have tried even harder. The baby that he wasn't looking forward to did grow him after she was born and he loved her just the same of not more!
    Anonymous

• i don't think you are giving enough info. Why arent the two of you living together?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• It looks to me this relationship is very one sided and this is not a good foundation to any relationship. If I were you I would sit him down and tell him exactly what you expect from a relationship and if he doesn't agree, then hun, love on your side will not be enough to make it work.

Answer by older at 11:46 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• He moved out almost a year ago,because he said he could not pay the rent anymore,it was random,and i was a stay at home mom with tht triplets
    MomOfTriplets08

Answer by MomOfTriplets08 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

MomOfTriplets08

Answer by MomOfTriplets08 at 12:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• so where is he staying and paying now? sounds like bs to me. Sounds like he doesnt want the responsibility of being a parent. He is probably upset about you being pregnant again. I wouldnt give him the time of day.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• yea he is living with his brother and mom,pays his bro. rent.He does take good care of the boys when he has them,its just me and the new baby,he acts like we dont exist.
    MomOfTriplets08

Answer by MomOfTriplets08 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• i'm sorry, but this sounds like a bunch of BS on his part... the least he could do is contribute what he could financially (which is apparently something since he is doing it somewhere else) and be there for you and his children. was it your request that he leave if he couldn't pay his share? i can see in some situations that could be possible and benefit you - this is not a question to dig to bash you only to clarify this part that doesn't make sense with the info here. it sounds like he is interested in his children but not in you. of course you are wanting you all to be a family together, but it won't work unless that's truly what he wants in in heart... also i hate to say it sounds like it could be taken that the new pregnancy was an attempt to get him to commit more. personally i think your best bet is to move forward in your life as if you were single and keep communication open and see what happens -
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• - if you let go of some of the expectations and intensity, he might be able to find a way to tell you more about what it is he is thinking and it will allow you to be able to be strong for your children on your own regardless of whether the two of you can work things out.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• quit letting him dip into the cookie jar. Ya know what i'm saying? If he can't be with you completely and make you happy then don't let him have any cookies any time =)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2010