Tell me about your favorite book.

Please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• honestly? the giving tree by shel silverstein lol....the message is for any age, what it is to give love and not expect anything back...
    right now I am reading"handle with care" by jodi Picoult(I think thats it) and its amazing, cant put it down.
    my sisters keeper was good(same author) I read all the time so many books in my head...lovely bones was good too..I am trying to read the twilight books, btu they are boring to me(shrugs) seems like so much dialogue and not any substance....jmo.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:51 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Sadly I haven't read alot lately but I loved the book lovely bones.... the movie was so sad..... made me cry pretty much the whole time
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Sure. It was my Mom's favorite as a teen/twenty-something and she passed it on to me when I was "old enough". It's a bit smutty, but not pornographic.

It's "A Rose In Winter" by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss. It's about a girl whose Dad, in desperate need for money to cover gambling debts, sells her on the block to the highest bidder. She's purchased by a deformed Lord who terrifies her.
    And that's all I'm sayin.

Although I'm lovin' the book I'm reading right now, "Anna Karenina" by Leo Tolstoy. It's a Russian novel about a woman who enters into an affair. Well, it's MUCH more complicated than that, and there are at least a dozen other characters, but she's the main one.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:56 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I tend to be a person who re-reads the same book over and over again.... I always come back to "the hot zone", "small sacrifices" and anything by dave pelzer
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• My favorites: Flowers in the Attic...If I explain any of it, it will blow the story. LOL

Flowers for Algernon: About a mentally slow man and how he received a surgery to make him "normal" in intelligence.

The Handmaiden's tale: Set in the future, yet, it's like olden times...craziness.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• the Twilight Series, it is THE best romance novel ever! you have to let yourself get into it without out thinking it's a teenie-bopper book, it has very adult situations. when you read it, it's like so passionate. why can't all men be so...AMAZING/DREAMY! my dh is awesome, but i'm definately a team edward!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2010