Thoughts?

http://www.hrcbackstory.org/2010/06/must-see-8-the-mormon-proposition/?utm_source=Convio&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Profile-more-link&utm_campaign=HRCnews-June-2010

Asked by older at 12:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • That guy was crazy! Gay marriage is the smallest threat America has. It's not even a threat. lol. Worry about something else. There's something called separation of church and state.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• wow, i got a little emo watching that. I'm never one to bash religions, but IMPO the Mormon church is totally whacked. It's also one of the fastest growing Christian religions. Their religion is very weird to me though, the whole time i studied it, i kept thinking "WTF????" I felt the same way when studying Scientology, they rank in the same weirdness level.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• They think that gays are a bigger threat to our country than terorrists are.....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

That only goes to show how screwed up they are.

Answer by older at 12:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I am a Christian and I support gay marriage. IFGod has a problem with them, then it's His job to deal with them. Not ours.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Thoughts on what? The movie or the subject matter?

I don't disagree with gay marriage. But then again, I don't disagree with people following their own conscience and voting and contributing to what they believe in. I will admit that I don't know much about the Prop. 8 in CA since I don't live there and don't vote in their elections. If there was wording in the bill that would effectively change how churches operate (which I noticed at the time was an argument used by the anti-gay marriage side of the debate), then I think they have every right to fight for what they believe.  JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Quinn, watch the clip and the screwed up way they think that gays are such a threat, even worst than terrorism, and how they required their members to give a percentage of their income to use for their campaign or loose membership.

Answer by older at 12:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Doesn't change the fact that they have the right to fight against being forced to change how they operate the church.As for members being required to give or lose membership then that still gives the member a choice.I don't know about that requirement and i'm not mormon.
    Anonymous

• I did watch the clip and there wasn't anything Earth shattering that would make me think more or less of the Mormon church. I already have an opinion of gay marriage. I don't ask any church or religion what they think of my opinion, nor do I ask them theirs. They are entitled to their opinions, no matter how flawed we all may think they are. I heard what he said and while I think it's a crazy statement, I am also not willing to blindly believe that there was no pertinent information before or after that snippet that has any relevance to what was aired (everything in context). And even in the event those were the only words in his statement and this is what he believes, he is still entitled to his opinion.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• anon:31 - I didn't say that the bill would require them to change how they operate, but I know that some of the anti-GM groups were saying that. What was actually contained within Prop 8 I really couldn't say.

I do agree with the membership thing though. I know I don't give money to things I don't believe in, we all have free will and are responsible for our own decisions and parts we play in events.

I'm out girls, I have to get to the grocery store and then promised the kids we would swim today.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2010