if the food or service sucks do you complain?

and if its just the food that sucked do you still tip?
how many times have you complained about service or food?

I've never had a problem with service..we have complained about food once or twice. Only because we got something we didnt order. They were really nice though and quick to fix our order and even offered a free desert.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I do but I try to be very polite about it as I dont waqnt them messing with my food. ever seen the movie about the resteraunt workers? ew lol
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• No, never. I've worked in many a restaurants and I've seen people spit in "complainers" food. Or drop something on the floor. Or whatever other gross things you don't want to think about when it comes to your food.
    Anonymous

• I email corporate. Always include your address, they want you back DESPERATELY and will send you goodies.
    I am shy/non confrontational in person
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• oh, I am a notoriously bad BAD tipper. I am no longer allowed to tip. My dad, husband, mother in law, etc always makes sure to leave more.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Everything has to be really bad for me to say anything( like food totally nasty) If the servise sucked then we just dont tip much.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 12:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• If the food is bad,I'll just ask for my money back. i too do not want to consume some kitchen worker's bodily fluids! Bad service i don't tip.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• if the food is bad, i will ask that it is corrected. nobody is perfect!
    if the service is bad, it is reflected in the tip. there is no need to complain.
    if the food is bad, my dh will eat it, and never go back! i don't understand him at all!

here is the spin off---
    if the food is great, do you complement the staff?
    if the service is great, do you leave a bigger tip?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• and if its just the food that sucked do you still tip?
    Yes, if it's just the food and the service was good I still tip - WELL because I realize they are probably getting the short end of the stick from a lot of other customers

Quite a bit. I used to manage a restaurant and I know that there's no way the manager can improve the restaurant unless he knows there is a problem. I do it tactfully and I'm not rude or mean, but I do let them know.

Answer by missanc at 3:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Hibbing- Just curious, why are you such a terrible tipper? Are you just very picky about service or what?
    sliceoflife88

Answer by sliceoflife88 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2010