Is it rude to ask someone?

What school their child goes to? I sent two girls a private message on Facebook. I am just looking for opinions of good schools in our area and neither one of them replied.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't think its rude at all.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:30 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• They may be creeped out and not want to tell a stranger where their kids are all day...
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• i think it is. I had a guy ask me when i was at work the other day where my son went to pre k....i have no clue who he is. He did have his daughter with him and we were talking about her and she was having an assembly at her pre k and he asked if i had children..and i said yes, my son was in pre k too..When he asked where i felt really weird about telling him
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• As long as you're specific as to why you want that information and dont ask like what her kids names are or anything. But no, its not rude. What Area? If in Colorado I can let you know:)
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 12:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I assume that you are friends with these women, you said Facebook, not CM, right? And I assume they know you'd be asking for your child, so again, no, not rude.... I do find, however, with FB is that some people don't check it regularly....how long ago did you send the message?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Why would it be rude? It's not like you asked them their net worth.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 12:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Too many pedophiles lurking around the internet
    I wouldn't wan't anyone knowing where my kid went to school.
    destinys1

Answer by destinys1 at 1:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• No, not really, not if I knew you, a total stranger maybe, i would just tell them the city of the school, but that works for me because our kids go to school out of district in a different city.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I would not like my children's schools blasted on the internet. But they should at least tell you that. Or private message an answer. It's not rude, but expecting a response on facebook's status comments is not right either.
    Anonymous

• OMG! I said PRIVATE message! I emailed them. And of course I know them! My goodness I didn't know I had to be "that" specific on here.

OP
    Anonymous