If your in your 30's do you feel that you see things differently and respond to things differently than when you were in your younger 20's?

When I was in my 20's...i say between 20-26, I thought I just knew everything and noone was going to tell me otherwise,lol. I knew I was right and my way of thinking was right and if someone disagreed, man...I would go on and on until they just told me they agreed so I would shut up,lol.
I would get so mad and defensive if people didnt do things the way I thought they should be done, I'd think they were stupid idiots. Especially when it came to raising children. I would not listen to noone, because I knew everything.
Now that I'm into my 30's I've relaxed so much more and I enjoy others opinions and am genuinley interested. And if my view is different on something, I don't take it to heart anymore. I'm so glad I am out of that phase of my life.If being in my 30's makes me a better person..I can't wait till my 40's! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Absolutely, I just turned 40, GASP, and see things different still. We keep growing and learning as we age, so of course. This is exactly why it is difficult to relate to teenagers or younger people because they think they know everything and think elders know nothing, and while some may be very smart and very mature, the bottom line is that with age comes wisdom, its just true. And you can only figure that out for yourself when it happens. Even at 40 I know I will learn and grow so much more as life continues. With this wisdom comes the knowledge that we don't know it all, and listening to elders is actually a good idea, lol.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Most defenitely, age does make you wiser! only because of living experience.

Answer by older at 12:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I am 29, but yes I see what you mean. in my younger to mid 20's I felt invinsible and I was "ready to take on the world". I got pregnant at 27, SO and got serious, I stopped partying, made friends with more moms and I have really matured and settled down. I look back and am happy I got to experience so much when I was younger, but am happy it is behind me. what sucks about this small town is it is great for the young years. lots of bars, a good college, but once you are done with college, really it's time to go and move on to better things. I stayed here and now I have a family and SO has a good job here. This town kinda sucks for the 30's. It's an in-between age socially. I feel too old to go to my old bars, too young for other things.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I see what you mean,however,I'm the exact opposite of you!In my 20's I got told what to do a lot and had to grin and bear it.I always thought that those older than me were wiser, so their views were the ones I'd adhere to-even about kids.Now I'm at that point where I don't have patience with those who are constantly giving me advice which in most cases is unasked for.Of course it's different with friends or family.That's where I've changed and become more appreciative and patient.In my early 20's I'd rebel a lot but mostly against family.I don't do that anymore.
    MyrMar

Answer by MyrMar at 12:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Yes, and at 43 I see things differently than I did at 33.
    Anonymous

• Of course...I was married in my 20's, very shy and easily intimidated. BUT,in my 30's,and then later, after becoming a Mom , it helped me to be more in charge and self sufficent being an Air Force wife, while DH was away for months and years at a time. Now that I am MUCH older, I have learned to be my own best friend and not to take crap from anyone! :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• In a way maybe but I had my son at 17 I think I grew up, I wa son my own I had to. The way I deal with life, my kids and the choices I make are pretty much the same choices/values I had when I was 20, maybe I matured a little but not that much difference. The only change I've noticed is with the way I think about my mom, I value her being around more than when i was 20 that is for sure, even if our relationship is crazy!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I'm 26 but I already feel like I'm wise beyond my years. I contribute that a lot to the fact that I'm a nursing assistant and take care of 80yr olds every day. My residents have taught me lessons that I would have most likey have had to learn the hard way on my own. Most of my friends are older than me also and I love the wisdom and advice that they give me...now that I'm not too young to think i know it all as I did when i was younger. I also had a childhood that made me grow up faster than I should have so that effects my "mental age" also.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2010